EKWIB Page Draft
About the Eastern Kentucky Workforce Innovation Board
The Eastern Kentucky Workforce Innovation Board (EKWIB) is a private-sector led body composed of 20 volunteer members that works to prepare, advance, and expand the workforce of Eastern Kentucky.
The EKWIB brings together private-sector leaders from across our region with policy makers from the ecucation, economic development, and public arenas. The board's strategic and policy guidance will improve the opportunities for all citizens to engage in and become productive members of the workforce. As a result, businesses will be more likely to have the human resources necessary to compete in our global economy.
Among the board's responsibilities are:
- Developing the Local Plan for workforce innovation
- Overseeing the local one-stop career center system
- Conducting strategic program oversight
- Negotiating local performance measures
- Assisting in the development of the employment statistic system
- Creating and sustaining employer linkages
- Connecting, brokering, and coaching on behalf of the Local Workforce Innovation System
- Appointing a youth council
- Identifying eligible providers of training services
The EKWIB’s structure consists of private-sector members who are leaders in their own organizations, along with representatives from the economic development community, education, organized labor, community-based organizations, and the one-stop partner agencies administering the bulk of workforce innovation funds flowing into Eastern Kentucky.
East Kentucky WIB meetings are held quarterly at the Kentucky Career Center JobSight in Hazard, Ky., located at 412 Roy Campbell Drive. The next meeting is scheduled for June 13, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
Follow the links below for previous board minutes: